Change or Resignation of Resident Agent - Texas Guardianship Law
Texas Guardianship Law
CHANGE AND RESIGNATION OF RESIDENT AGENT
TEXAS ESTATES CODE, TITLE 3. SUBTITLE C. , CHAPTER 1057.
Sec. 1057.001. CHANGE OF RESIDENT AGENT.
(a) A guardian may change the guardian's resident agent to accept service of process in a guardianship proceeding or other matter relating to the guardianship by filing with the court in which the guardianship proceeding is pending a statement titled "Designation of Successor Resident Agent" that states the names and addresses of:
(1) the guardian;
(2) the resident agent; and
(3) the successor resident agent.
(b) The designation of a successor resident agent takes effect on the date the statement is filed with the court.
Sec. 1057.002. RESIGNATION OF RESIDENT AGENT.
(a) A resident agent of a guardian may resign as resident agent by giving notice to the guardian and filing with the court in which the guardianship proceeding is pending a statement titled "Resignation of Resident Agent" that states:
(1) the name of the guardian;
(2) the guardian's address most recently known by the resident agent;
(3) that notice of the resignation has been given to the guardian and the date that notice was given; and
(4) that the guardian does not have a resident agent.
(b) The resident agent shall send, by certified mail, return receipt requested, a copy of a resignation statement filed under Subsection (a) to:
(1) the guardian at the address most recently known by the resident agent; and
(2) each party in the case or the party's attorney or other designated representative of record.
(c) The resignation of the resident agent takes effect on the date the court enters an order accepting the resignation. A court may not enter an order accepting the resignation unless the resident agent complies with this section.